Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Decorating your office on a dime! (Part 3)

This is the third and final post on decorating an office on a dime. See the other two here and here. This post has a few DIY tips for decorations!

1. Signs
You can make your own signs! I had a sweet supervisor in internship give me one made with a cricuit. I liked it so much, I made another one for my other office! There is a photo of my sign at the bottom of this post. You can make signs for anything. Quotes, messages, etc. The board my sign is made out of is a chalkboard sign, which you could use for a sign you want to change a lot. I have seen many of the boards my sign is made from in the school halls for teacher doors. 

2.Cricuit
If you have one or know someone who has a Cricuit, your options are endless! You can use them for signs, as well as for decorations. I have seen people use it to brighten up filing cabinets. I used my mother-in-laws to make the buckets I got on clearance at Walmart pretty. I also used it to put my initial on one of my fake flower vases to give it some color.  

3. Modge Podge
Modge Podge and pretty scrap book paper can also be used to bring life to anything in an office. Both my filing cabinets have some pretty paper modgepodged on. You can also put these on any boxes you use in your office.







I also used Modge Podge to make "Worry Boxes." I took an ordinary box and modgepodged scrapbook paper on them to make them pretty. 













4. Free Printables
I found TONS for free printables online! I mentioned in my last post that I bought frames from the Dollar Tree for these. For someone like me who isn't very artistic and can't make my own pretty posters and doesn't want to spend money on them, putting a free printable in any size you'd like in a frame is a great way to get art up on the wall. Pictures of my free printables are below. They are all from Pinterest. Just search for free school printables or inspirational signs. 











5. Where is the Counselor?
I know some people that have made a white board pretty to say where they are. Some really awesome counselors even make a themed picture to let the kids know where he or she is. I opted for using a wheel with several locations on it. If you are computer savvy, you can make signs like this one for where you are (as well as for wall decor). If you aren't computer savvy, I have several premade ones like mine in my TPT store. You can also pay a little more and get an editable version to make it unique to you and your job. 




You can find more about the big confidentiality poster on my wall here. It was probably the most expensive purchase for my offices, but probably my favorite!
--------------
That's the end of my tips, at least for now! Are there any DIY things in your office? I would love to hear what people more creative than myself come up with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment