Monday, October 19, 2015

Lesson Plan Organization

I am split between two schools. That means I have to be on top of being organized! It's hard to know what I'll need day to day sometimes, but I use several binders for different things for school. Two go with me everyday and two live at school. More on that later, but my binders are color coded. I know that my green binder has lesson plans!
Today I will focus on how I keep my lessons and lesson plans organized. My secret? A binder with sheet protectors! I keep this notebook in my backpack and carry it with me each day to whichever school I'm at, so I always have it. I always have at least one hard copy of anything I need to make copies of. I put extra copies in the front flap. You can also stick books in here if you use those and have a hard time remembering to take them. I usually just put my books I use in my lessons on top of this binder so I remember to take it with me, but whatever works for you!



I have my lesson plans right in the front so I can easily look them over before preparing to do a lesson and see what materials I need. After these, I have a list of tabs that tell me where each lesson can be found. The tabs are a 12 pack from Walmart, but you could use any you have on hand. and make your own table of contents of sorts.




Each tab is assigned a different lesson. Right now I only have a few created. Under each tab I put the documents I need for activities or anything else I may need under that tab in a sheet protector. This keeps them in good shape and doesn't require holes in the document itself. 
















I have a colorful cover cover on the front of my binder. You can download a FREE editable file from my TPT store if you're interested in the blue chevron!

How do you keep your lessons organized? I'd LOVE to hear what works for others!



No comments:

Post a Comment